Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake



Today is my birthday.

This is how my conversation went with Adelaide this morning before school.

Adelaide: "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"
Me: "Well, thank you, Adelaide!"
A: "What kind of cake are you baking for yourself today?"
Me: "I don't think I'm going to make a cake today."
A: "What?! But that's what birthdays are all about! THE CAKE!"

I was about to argue with her and tell her that birthdays are about celebrating someone's life and another year and blah blah blah, but then realized I have no room to talk: half to maybe three-quarters of the reason I ever go to weddings are for the cake. The cakes pictured above are from my sister Kelli's wedding in September: the groom's cake was a red velvet armadillo (Steel Magnolias, anyone?), and the flavors in the bride's cake (if I remember correctly) were vanilla latte and creme de menthe, which was delicious.

Cake credit goes to Sweet Designs Cakery in Pittsburg, KS.

1 comment:

  1. I always knew that Adelaide was one smart little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.