Monday, March 21, 2011

And We're Back

Our family has spent most of the past week traveling. 

Derek was in a wedding in Florida, so the kids and I decided to take a trip down to southern Kansas to visit family- assorted and sundry grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends.  By all accounts, Derek had a terrific time in the Sunshine State, while the rest of us greatly enjoyed the Sunflower State.

But by the time yesterday rolled around, we were ready to be reunited and head for home.

We were all exhausted.


You know you're young when you can sleep like this and your neck doesn't kill you.




Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's eyelashes.


When Derek and I are apart, for some reason I am visited by an overwhelming compulsion to share every last detail of his time away.  So while the kids slept in the back, Derek got to listen while I regaled him with stories of our time in Kansas- from the conversation I had with my Grandma all the way down to the political cartoon I read in the local paper.


I know what you're thinking:  That Derek's a lucky, lucky guy.

And even though it's almost thirty degrees cooler here than where we were yesterday, I have to admit there's some truth in the line from that old movie.

You know the one.

Yeah, you do.

'"There's no place like home."

I just couldn't resist.


1 comment:

  1. So true about the neck thing and I'll admit it, I am jealous of Atticus' eyelashes...

    ReplyDelete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.