Monday, March 14, 2011

'Member That Time?

'Member that time, my first day at my new part-time job in high school, when I waited on an older gentleman?  'Member how I rang up his purchase and announced the total, $19.23?  'Member how instead of digging out his wallet, as I had expected, he stared off into the middle distance and said, "Ah, 1923... that was a good year."  'Member how I just smiled politely and tried to look as if I agreed, when in reality I was thinking, "Holy guacamole, how old are you?"
'Member how working with the older generations turned out to be one of my favorite parts of working in a drugstore, in no small part because they were always saying stuff like that?

It's 'Member That Time Monday at la casa de Van Voorst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.