Friday, May 6, 2011

For Parents

If you have never seen the stand-up comedy act, "Bill Cosby as Himself," I implore you to find it and watch it- especially if you have children living in your home, have ever been a parent, a grandparent, or have parents yourself. 

Here's one of my favorite little snippets, but bear in mind it's even funnier to see Mr. Cosby performing it himself.

"My mother and father come over to the house quite often.  They're grandparents now.  Funny- they're funny people.  I've never seen such a turnaround in all my life..
    " My mother kisses every child: *muah, muah, muah, muah, muah* 'Grandmommy just love you to death!'  And my children think that my mother is the most wonderful person on the face of this earth, and I keep telling my children, 'That is not the same woman I grew up with- you're looking at an old person who's now trying to get into heaven.'"

Can I just tell you how hard Derek and I laugh when we hear that?  Don't get me wrong- we were each fortunate and blessed to have been raised by two truly terrific mothers.  But, help me Rhonda, that is funny.




I hope everyone has a splendiferous Mother's Day weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed out loud - there is soooooooo much truth in what he says!!

    ReplyDelete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.