Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Happiest Baby on the Block

Caedmon is a happy baby. 

He smiles a lot.  He giggles when you tickle him and play certain games like peek-a-boo.  He's quite easy to please. 

This week, however, he has taken his happy baby-ness to a new level.  He smiles all the time.  He laughs easily.  He smothers Derek and I with nine-month-old-baby-boy affection. 

You see, last Friday Atticus and Adelaide left to spend a week with Derek's parents.  So while A & A are having the time of their lives at Grandma and Papa's house, Caedmon is here with us, experiencing the joy of single childhood.

No one has stepped on him in a week.




No one has bitten his face.




No one has sat on him.





No one has grabbed his foot to keep him from crawling away and escaping whatever torment he's currently enduring.





 And so as much as I'm looking forward to reuniting our little family this weekend, I do feel kind of bad for our Spud. 

As always, I'll do my best to shield him from the random violence and over-affection his older siblings bestow upon him, and when I fail, just tell myself that he'll be the toughest kid in preschool.

3 comments:

  1. Your view count probably went up considerably today since I keep looking at these pictures every couple of hours and cooing, "awww..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that does that.

    ReplyDelete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.