1. There's a reason Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Lena Horne, and Ella Fitzgerald are classic favorites: They're the best.
2. Listening to Julie Andrews is like having both Mary Poppins and Fräulein Maria singing Christmas music to me. It's awesome.
3. Hearing Handel's Messiah sung by Neil Diamond makes me want to take an ice pick to my ears. (Where does Neil Diamond fit into "Traditional Christmas" music anyway?)
4. Jo Stafford's "By The Fireside" is my new favorite song and new favorite singer. I am obsessed.
7. Margaret Whiting is another new-found favorite.
8. While listening to "Baby It's Cold Outside" as sung by Dean Martin and Doris Day is enjoyable (as long as you don't pay too much attention to the lyrics), hearing it sung by Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews makes me feel indecent and want to pick the bloody ice pick back up to have another go at my eardrums.
9. Nat King Cole always has been and will forever be my favorite.
Note: I know, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving and I'm already listening to Christmas music. I made it all the way to November 10th before turning it on this year, and even that is a minor miracle.