Monday, January 30, 2012

Proof That I Actually Do Get Things Done Every Once In A While

Like just about everybody else, I love Pinterest.

Well, like just about every other woman.  Pinterest doesn't really seem to be much of a draw for males.  I was all excited about it when I first got on there a few months ago, and so of course wanted to share it with Derek.  I tried to describe it to him, but he was thoroughly underwhelmed.  "Just look," I insisted.  "It's so cool.  You'll love it."

So I showed it to him, and took him on a little tour of the site.  He was, once again, thoroughly underwhelmed.

Anyway, one of my favorite things to check out are the many, many DIY and craft inspirations that can be found on there.  The problem is you end up pinning project after project after project, then end up not actually doing anything.

My solution was to ban myself from logging on for two months.  I told myself I could end my self-imposed exile after I had completed 5 projects.  I love seeing other people's final Pinterest-inspired products, and I've been meaning to post my own for awhile, but I didn't before because 1) Most of them were gifts, and I decided it might be a good idea to actually give them to their recipients before I put them up here, and 2) I forgot.

And so, without further ado (oh, except to say that I've provided a link underneath each photo to take you back to the original site from which I received inspiration- have to give credit where credit's due, and this way I don't actually have to give instructions on how to do any of these):






































That's right, I kept one for myself- and let me tell you what, Derek loves seeing this uber-masculine accessory on our bed every day.


I keep telling myself that someday I won't have three small children that like to destroy and scatter any and all craft supplies they come across, and I'll be able to complete more than five crafts every six months.

Someday.




2 comments:

  1. I love the pillows! We can't have anything nice and pretty in our room, because we don't have anywhere to set it when we are sleeping. One of the MANY pitfalls of having a too small house...

    I keep hoping for a new (to me) house that has a spare room that I can claim for my craft area. Lugging out storage tubs each time I want to do something "crafty", makes those crafty moments few and far between...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the things that keep me from crafting and sewing very often! I have two huge tubs full of fabric and supplies, but man, they are a pain to haul out, keep organized, etc. I feel your pain. I keep thinking, "Here in about 15 years one of the bedrooms will open up, and I know just what to do with it." ONLY 15 YEARS.

    ReplyDelete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.