Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Questionnaire

It's Father's Day!  What have all of you done to celebrate the fathers in your life?


Derek got to open a couple gifts, including multiple Father's Day cards made by Adelaide.

We also began what I hope will be a continuing Father's Day tradition.  I, unfortunately, have a memory like a rusty sieve, and the chances of my remembering to do this every year are somewhat slim.  I also, however, have a blog, and since I'm recording the idea here, perhaps I will remember to do it next year.  All I have to do is remember to look back at the blog around this time next year.  Which is not good.  (See rusty sieve simile above.)

But just in case 2013 Kristy remembers to check back, here's the fun little Father's Day Questionnaire I posed to our two older children this year:



(Note:  Atticus's answers in red.)


All About My Daddy
By Atticus, Age 3


My Daddy's name is Derek.

He is 2 feet 3 inches tall.  He's tall.

He weighs 3 pounds.

His hair color is gray.

His favorite tv show is scary things.

He likes to go to B-Bop's and Hickory Park to eat ice cream.

His favorite food is marshmallow stars.

His favorite drink is coffee.

For fun my Daddy likes to play blocks.

I love it when Daddy plays blocks with me.

My favorite thing about my Daddy is watching tv.





----------------------------------------------------------

Note: Adelaide's answers in pink.


All About My Daddy
By Adelaide, Age 6


My Daddy's name is Derek.

He is 6 feet 19 inches tall.

He weighs 60 pounds.

His hair color is grayish brown.

His favorite tv show is Channel 12.

He likes to go to Hickory Park.

His favorite food is bagels.

His favorite drink is iced tea.

For fun my Daddy likes to golf.

I love it when Daddy spends time with me.

My favorite thing about my Daddy is how much he loves me.




----------------------------------------------------------



Just to clear a few thing up:  Derek is not 2 feet, 3 inches tall, but as Atticus said, he is pretty tall- 6 ft, 5 in.  So I guess our son's answer to that one wasn't too outrageous.  Derek does not, however, weigh 3 pounds; nor does he weigh 60 pounds- he weighs a little more than that.  His hair color is kind of a dark blonde, and his favorite tv show would be live NFL games.  He is not a coffee drinker, but he does like to golf.  


I had a lot of fun doing this, and the idea is to re-question them each year and see how their answers change.  I think I'm going to put these in a binder and try really hard not to lose it by this time next year.  


Happy Father's Day!





Note:  I got this idea from this website via Pinterest.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And practically free, which is big in our book.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea, and wow the kids will get a kick from re-reading their older responses some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so; I'm thinking I may need to add questions as they get older and no longer struggle with weights and measures.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea--and I'm sure very fun for dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seemed to enjoy them, and was surprised to learn what some of his favorite things are; for instance, he had no idea his favorite food was a sugary cereal called "Marshmallow Stars."

      Delete
  4. Maybe we can help each other remember next year :) I saved a few different versions for future questions...I'll share next year...if we remember.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan destined to fail.

      Delete
  5. Crap! I totally forgot that I was going to do this, too. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.