Sunday, November 25, 2012

Baby Fever

We spent Thanksgiving at Derek's folks' house.  They graciously offered to host my family for dinner, which meant we got to see all kinds of family, including...


BABIES!


I may have mentioned my nieces, Charlotte and Vada, a time or two.  Charlotte is the daughter of my sister Kelli and her husband Aaron, Vada is the daughter of my sister Stephanie and her husband Clinton.  And just to refresh your memory, Aaron and Clinton are also brothers, which makes Charlotte and Vada double-cousins.

You'd think sharing both maternal and paternal genetic material would mean these two sweet girls look very much alike.  You'd be wrong.



Vada with her daddy.



I just love pictures of babies with their daddies, don't you?



Then we have Charlotte...


...with her daddy.  Note that she looks nothing like Vada.  

And here's Charlotte and her daddy again:


You're just going to have to take my word for it that she was enjoying this.

I know she looks terrified.  I somehow caught her between big smiles.  Trust me.


Vada giving me a big, wet kiss.





You may notice that I'm in the midst of pure, baby-induced ecstasy here.

I love babies.  Especially babies named Charlotte and Vada.


Caedmon has a thing for babies, too.  He kept snuggling up next to one or the other of them, giving them one of his gentler hugs that he reserves for stuffed animals, dolls, cats, and apparently babies.






I have no idea where he gets it.




8 comments:

  1. Indeed, those are cute babies! Cousins can be a wonderful thing. How great that they all could meet each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all at a really fun age, too, which made it entertaining for the adults.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting the pictures. Charlotte LOVED spending time with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe you me, I loved it, too.

      And I'm sure everyone else did also.

      Delete
  3. Ok, the pics of Charlotte are dark so I can't see her eyes, but Vada's eyes are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Vada's eyes are blue like her mama's, while Charlotte's are as dark a brown as her mama's.

      Delete
  4. We loved seeing you guys and the kids. And I think Vada liked seeing bigger kids other than Char.

    I stole the picture of Clinton and Vada by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I put those pics on here- so you guys can take them! It's a lot easier for me to do it that way than put them on FB or email them.

      Delete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.