Thursday, November 1, 2012

Good Intentions

You know what's funny?

About three weeks ago I said to myself, "I'm going to try and start blogging every day."

Then I got super busy, and I've been lucky to post once a week.  Whoops.  Blogging tends to come in dead last on my priority list when I've got a lot to do.

So I'm going to try this again, but this time I'm telling all six of you that blogging once a day is my new goal.

Not forever.  Unless I really really love it, I just don't have enough material to blog about every day for the next who-knows-how-long.  Well, unless you want to hear about the strange conversations I have with our children (trust me, you don't), or about the quick-draw contests Derek and I have in the evenings when we've both had too much Halloween candy.

Oh, calm down.  We don't use actual guns, people.  He draws the multi-tool he keeps on his belt and I draw the inhaler that's always in my pocket.  Duh.

Anyway, starting... today, I guess (this whole thing is suddenly terrifying), I'm going to try blogging every day for... let's say two weeks.  That seems like a reasonable goal (or internet suicide, depending how you look at it).


In other news, today is November 1st!  You know what that means?

I get to start playing Christmas music non-stop until, oh, around mid-January.

I know, I know, poor Derek, blah blah blah.


To kick off the season, I started with the musician whose Christmas album is, I'm convinced, the best ever produced, and whose voice never fails to make me think of winter.

That's right:  we spent the morning listening to Neil Diamond.


TOTALLY KIDDING.  It was Nat King Cole.

Please don't ever try to argue with me on the whole Nat-King-Cole-has-the-greatest-Christmas-album-of-all-time.  Unless you want to see a gross overreaction on my part and the possible destruction of our relationship.  Then, sure, go ahead.



See?  The next two weeks are going to be fun!


15 comments:

  1. I'm all for Nat King Cole, but you're skipping the most important holiday of this season. Yes, I'm talking about Emma's birthday. Last night, after trick-or-treating, she said "Well, thank goodness Halloween is over. Now we can really concentrate on the most important holiday." No joking around with this kid and her birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So is she going to have a big, blow-out birthday party?

      Delete
    2. She does this every year -the party has to be at our home, and mostly it just involves playing outside with her friends, plus the normal cake/presents part. But she plans out elaborate decorations, she plans out various cake decorations and has everyone decorate their own piece of cake, and this year she's making actual molded chocolates as well. Luckily, the older she gets the more she does all this stuff herself!

      Delete
  2. Oh thank goodness you're back! I feel like a super stalker when I check my homepage daily and don't see some sort of new story that more than likely will make me snort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should hear me and my mom talking about your blog: "Did you read the one about the blind bucket calf?" "HILARIOUS. How about that radio station?" "I ALMOST DIED LAUGHING."

      Delete
  3. We don't have ANY Halloween candy here (sad face). Trick-or-treating was postponed until Saturday.

    Go, go, go! Looking forward to your daily blog posts.

    I can't imagine posting to my blog every day. Just pushing the "new post" button fills me with angst.

    Nat King Cole is good. Can't imagine listening to Neil Diamond for a solid morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! Did you guys have a lot of storm damage from Sandy? I'm assuming that's the reason behind the postponement.

      "Postponement" is a weird word.

      Delete
  4. Someday your children will thank you that they are so familiar with Christmas songs that they will win Christmas song trivia contests. And yes, Nat King Cole is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fishing for a compliment, mom?

      Thank you for playing non-stop (and varied) Christmas music throughout the winter months of my childhood.

      Luckily, Derek is okay with pretty much all the Christmas music you played when I was a child. But could you work on getting him on board with Carpenters' Christmas, please?

      Delete
    2. ABSOLUTELY NOT. WILL NOT HAPPEN, WILL NOT SUBJECT MY KIDS TO THE Crapenters Christmas!!!

      Delete
  5. Posting every single day? Girl, you've gotta lower the bar! That's just setting yourself up for failure. lol

    And at the risk of being a total hypocrite because I don't edit my posts and I have told myself there are different English rules for blogging just because it makes me feel better about it but I'm telling you because I think you are like me and you really do care and wouldn't mind learning a tiny little thing today although mostly because it's driving me crazy which I also think you'll understand (phew! and that run on sentence is to make you feel better that I have bigger issues than you do). . .it's whose. Possessive, not "who is".

    Deep breath. I feel better now. giggle (And I sincerely hope I'm reading you right and this won't be offensive because I have you pegged as a fellow English nerd. If I'm wrong, please accept my sincere apology and delete this comment.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AARGH Rookie Mistake! I would definitely rather be told, than just have that hanging out there forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rookie Mistake--giggle. Oh, and there's another one still hanging out there. ROFLOL

      Delete
    2. Wow. At first I said, "NO WAY, THERE IS NO WAY I MISSED ANOTHER ERROR." Then I found it, and decided that I need a CAT scan, as I have apparently suffered brain damage sometime in the recent past.

      But thanks anyway!

      Delete
    3. Giggling.
      Thank you for the laughs, I needed them. :)

      Delete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.