Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sister Suffragettes

When I said I was going to post every day, I should have taken today into account, and held off until next month.

Election day.

I'm not going to impart anything revelatory to you.  If you're an American citizen, you know you should vote. If you're a woman, you know that we haven't had the right to vote for all that long in our country, and you should really vote.  If you're a person of any color other than white then you know that you also haven't had voting rights for long, and you should really really vote.

Basically, if you're an American citizen, you should be out there voting.

And if you feel very strongly about a candidate, I'm really okay with you telling me why your candidate is the best person for that particular position.  I'll gladly listen to you.

But do you know what I don't want to hear?  Smear campaigns.



I feel like the past several months have been a steep escalation in My-dad-could-beat-up-your-dad-type antics.


"I hear Romney once ran a red light."

"Oh, yeah?  I heard that Obama has never donated blood."

"Well, Romney doesn't believe in the existence of unicorns!"

"One time Obama turned in long-overdue library books and DIDN'T PAY THE FINE!"

"ROMNEY BOILS LIVE PUPPIES AND EATS THEM FOR LUNCH!"

"OBAMA IS ACTUALLY UNDEAD AND ABOUT TO START THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!"


And I'm over here going, "Jesus, you're really going to have to help me out with this whole love-your-neighbor thing, because right now I hate everyone."



Happy Election Day!

4 comments:

  1. Love your candidate smearing. I would look forward to elections if you wrote the ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of working in either advertising or politics makes me shudder, but both at the same time? Might as well sell my soul and be done with it.

      Delete
  2. Hee, hee at your smearing.
    Sadly, I would believe them all. I considered them equally unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shocking, considering that they're both politicians.

      Delete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.