Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another Belated Birthday Post

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been posting.  We've been busy- I'm sure you can relate.

Here's a post I meant to write for Derek's birthday.  Which was a week ago.  Whoops.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In honor of Derek's birthday, I'm going to jot down a little conversation I had with Adelaide a few weeks ago:


"Hey, Mom?  You shouldn't worry about Daddy being the boys' favorite parent.  It's really just because they get to see you all the time, like all day, and they only get to see Daddy in the evenings and on the days he doesn't work.  Well, and it's also probably because he chases them around and plays golf and running soccer ball with them, and because he jumps out and scares them.  And because he builds stuff with them.  And because he lets them watch football on tv.  And he makes really good omelets... but you really shouldn't feel bad."

"Thanks Adelaide.  You're such a comfort to me."

Happy (Belated) Birthday to my husband and the favorite parent!







4 comments:

  1. :-) Now that girl just knows how to flatter you, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say she's just lucky I'm not the sensitive type.

      Delete
  2. Being a parent requires having a really thick skin!

    Happy birthday to Derek, Expert Omelet Maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT sounds like a comic book worth buying: "Derek, the Expert Omelet Maker." I don't know why no one's thought of it before!

      Delete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.