Thursday, February 14, 2013

Caedmon, Flowers, and My Long-Awaited Vacation


Because it seems I can no longer go a week without posting some kind of list:


  • Caedmon has started climbing.  Nothing too treacherous, but high enough that he decides he can't get himself back down, and instead does this whine/cry hybrid that I find incredibly easy to ignore until I finish whatever my current task is.







  • Derek surprised me with this potted pink azalea a week ago, and it's still blooming beautifully.  I love having some extra color in this drab month, and he definitely gets extra points for thinking outside the normal flower-bouquet-box.






  • Tomorrow, I'm leaving to spend a long weekend with my sisters and their families.  I plan on sleeping, smothering my nieces in affection, and going to the bathroom whenever the heck I want.  Brace yourselves for an onslaught of toddler photos next week.  




9 comments:

  1. Your style is really unique in comparison to other folks I've read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this site.

    My web blog ... http://www.ukwildadventures.com/index.php/member/1538/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the azaleas! not only are they pretty, but they're vintage BHG-approved. nice work, derek.

    pee freely, lady, and have a great weekend off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your "pee freely" statement very seriously. It made me feel like I was on a quest.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers --definitely needed this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, hee, I love Caedmon's expression. I have a few climbers here, too. Destry, Kiana, AND Tyrell. sigh (explanation for all these gray hairs, don't you think?)

    And I'll miss you while you're gone. You'll blog on vacation, right? Or you have some posts scheduled so we don't go through Kristy-withdrawal?

    Oh, you have a life outside of your blogosphere, hmm? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of my kids have been big climbers, thankthegoodLord.

      I didn't have any way of blogging on vacation. Although, to be honest, even if I had, I probably wouldn't have done so.

      Delete
  5. I am completely jealous that Caedmon just began climbing since his dear cousin keeps falling off of the high things that she climbs and hitting her head...

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Going to the bathroom whenever the heck I want" = heaven. I think this is why I like going on my church's women's retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.