Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Excuses, Excuses

Hey guys.

Sorry for the sparse posting as of late.  We've enjoyed some absolutely beautiful weather this month, and who the heck wants to sit inside at their computer when it's nice out?

When it hasn't been nice out, it's been raining.  Like, every night for the past week.  We're getting close to some pretty serious flood conditions in the area, so Derek's on call and wondering if he'll have to stay awake and at work for 36 hours straight like he did a few springs ago when it flooded.  You may also mistake the bubbling brook running through our basement for a fancy water feature.  It's not.  (Don't worry, our basement is the very opposite of "finished.")

I've been sick most of the past week.  I did manage to time it well; three of the worst days were over the three day weekend, meaning Derek was home and able to keep the children from turning completely feral.

I have a for-real post in mind for tomorrow.  Or maybe the next day.  Or, if we're going to go completely crazy and be honest, the day after that.  Which would be what, Friday?  Saturday?  I don't even know.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you picked up the dread illness. :-( And you are facing flooding? That's awful. Perhaps you will be brought some joy when I tell you how I laughed and laughed at your comment (on my blog) about "biblical I Love Lucy." Somebody has to make that TV show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would pick your family to write the script. You guys have the best supper table conversations.

      Delete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.