- Cleaned up enough puke to pickle a rhino. We have a nasty bug that's making its way through four members of our family, with me being the lone healthy survivor. Let's all take just a moment and pray to the sweet baby Jesus that I don't get sick. I've scrubbed carpet, child car seats, seat belts, Caedmon, a rocking chair, clothing, Cade's bed, our bed, me, and the siding on the house. Caedmon may be the only one doing the vomiting, but he's an equal opportunity regurgitator.
- Been used as a makeshift pillow anytime I dare to sit down. Evidently our offspring need near-constant physical contact when ill.
|Convalescing on the front porch with Daddy.|
- Stumbled across our children lying all over the house and yard. Because I've found all kinds of extra chores to do just so that I don't have to sit down and become a potential puke receptacle.
- Escaped from the house and its sick inhabitants for a few hours to enjoy a Mommy-Daughter date with Adelaide. A little coffee shop opened here in our little town about a month ago, and I've been doing my civic duty to ensure it stays open. When Adelaide requested we go there, I told her she was my favorite kid and off we went.
She had a chocolate muffin. I had iced coffee. We played checkers. I didn't clean up puke. It was beautiful.
- Delayed going back into the House of Illness as long as possible by looking at every possible flower in our front yard. Adelaide joined me.
- Totally stole Cassi Renee's idea and had Adelaide take pictures while up in the tree.
- Spent some quality time with the fam in our basement due to the tornadoes that went through the area last night. One evidently touched down right on the edge of town, and another was near a neighboring town. It was a noisy night of wind, thunder, and tornado sirens. Still, we're all okay, and I have yet to hear of any major casualties (aside from cows).