Friday, May 3, 2013

Please Disregard My Last Post

You remember.  The one about spring?


Today is May 3rd.  The third of May.

I suppose I shouldn't complain.  My tulip buds do have a little color.


See?




In related news, I learned that planting spring bulbs on either side of the front steps may not have been the best idea.  Atticus "helped" shovel off the front porch and steps, flattening the tulips and hyacinths that weren't already buried in heavy, slushy snow.  


I am so. sick. of snow.


On a brighter note:  Cassi Renee suggested a magical potion by the name of "Liquid Fence" that could possibly save my future tulips from the demon vermin that inhabit our back yard.  After I read that comment the other day, I may or may not have gone a little Rain Man and paced around the house, chanting "Liquid Fence.  Liquid Fence.  Liquid Fence," to set it permanently in my head.  

I have not gone to the garden store to get any yet, because it started snowing Wednesday night and didn't stop until late this morning, and I was a little afraid that if I stepped inside Earl May and saw all the blooming flowers I would burst into tears.  

They're probably pretty used to that kind of thing at this point, though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god!! White stuff in May is just wrong! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, MAN. This is just unfair to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.