Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring!

Spring.  Thank you Jesus, Spring.




I've seriously had to hold myself back from writing a blog post every single day about how much I hate rabbits.  The above photo is just a small example of the carnage that has been inflicted upon my flowerbeds by rabbits.  

My grandma has offered to buy me a rabbit trap, but... then what?  She says that if you mix crushed ibuprofen with cat food, they'll eat it and be poisoned.  But what do I do with the bodies?  The only solution I've come up with is throwing them on the fire pit and burning them in effigy.  Any other (slightly more reasonable) solutions?  I mean, solutions as to what to do with piles of dead rabbit bodies and/or other ways to rid my yard of them?  And before you suggest human hair, take a closer look at that photo up there; that fuzzy brownish stuff in the middle is Derek's hair.  It obviously didn't work.


Anyway.


I also found this on top of our fence:


Robin eggs!


And I found this at the playground:


Atticus!


Well.  I didn't actually find him there.  I walked there with him.


I'm just going to focus on all these things, and not on the snow forecasted for tomorrow.



5 comments:

  1. Okay, Kristy, you seriously need to get a spray bottle of this stuff from your local nursery:
    http://www.liquidfence.com/

    It REALLY works. Yes, it smells awful when you first spray it (it's made of rotten eggs and blood) but it WORKS. And the smell wears off for humans after about 1/2 hour, but rabbits can still smell it weeks later. I renew mine after rainstorms, even though they say the rabbits will "learn" and stay away. Get it, spray it on plants they like, they will find another restaurant :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LIQUID FENCE. LIQUID FENCE. LIQUID FENCE. MUST IMPLANT THIS INFORMATION IN MY BRAIN.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I meant to say that is a fabulous picture of that robin's nest. Such beautiful blue eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there is the reason!! It said human hair. We all know Derek isn't human. Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.