Monday, August 19, 2013

Adelaidey, Adelaidey, Adelaide-Hee-Hoo

I love singing the above phrase to the tune of that yodeling song in The Sound of Music.

She loves it, too.  Except not.


Still obsessed with cheetahs.  

Last Saturday she and I went on a Mommy- Daughter Date.  She chose to eat at Olive Garden for lunch, followed by going to one of those paint-your-own-pottery places, with a quick stop at a used bookstore before heading home to the men-folk.  I couldn't have chosen a better itinerary myself.







One last hurrah at the playground last night before...






Today.  The first day of school.  

Adelaide is in second grade.  I have no idea how this happened.

3 comments:

  1. "She loves it to. Except not."-- Grin.

    Sounds like a delightful mother/daughter date. I've always thought it would be fun to do one of those paint-your-own-pottery things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy, the first day of school, already? I have to wait until next week for that blissful day.

    What a great mother-daughter date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has such a sun-kissed look. Emma and I have too many mommy-daughter dates. Although they usually involve grocery shopping because I'm exciting that way :-)

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.