Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Little Girls

On the way to Branson a couple weeks ago, we stopped at my grandparents' house (of the heavenly gardens) for a quick overnight visit.  I also invited my sisters and their families over, which I didn't share with my grandma until the day before.

She loves it when I do that sort of thing.

This meant we got to start our vacation with a baby fix.  A toddler fix.  Whatever.

The little girls don't get to see Derek as often as the rest of us because he has this little thing called "work" that prevents him from taking many of our trips south with us.


Derek and Vada, whose favorite place to go is Wal-Mart because there she finds a load of people to smile at and interact with.




Click to embiggen.






Someday Charlotte's parents are going to submit a cute baby photo when she's a senior in high school and everyone's super interested in embarrassing the graduates, and everyone who sees it will know exactly who she is and say, "Oh, that has to be Charlotte," because hers is not one of those interchangeable baby faces; she's very distinctive-looking, especially in person and in action.  I have very few photos of her smiling, because when she sees me with my camera pointed at her, she shakes her fist defiantly at me and vows, "Thou shalt not take my picture without my written consent!"

Well.  It's implied.

I have caught her before, though!



She loves her aunt Steph.








In the background of this photo you can see her daddy helping her pet her favorite deer.  There are lots of animals to play with in my grandparents' house.  Sure, most of them are dead, but we don't quibble about that sort of thing in my family.








It was a good day. 






1 comment:

  1. I love watching my husband interact with our grand-nieces. SOMEDAY there will be a baby girl in my family. I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.