Monday, September 30, 2013

Reasons I Haven't Been Blogging

Warning: This may or may not devolve into a list of flimsy excuses as opposed to legitimate reasons.



  • The laptop is all but dead.  I'm currently typing on our tablet's teensy little keyboard, whose size is more suited to Caedmon's pudgy little digits than my own.  I've thought about going into the library to use one of their computers some evening, but to do that I would need to have a free evening and be willing to have creepy mouth-breathers read over my shoulder as I type.

  • Time.  I'm still watching baby J four days a week (it's going swimmingly, thanks for asking), plus a neighbor baby a few hours a week.  I don't know if you knew this, but babies like to be fed and played with and held.  The clicking of a keyboard (even a midget one) does not lull them to sleep, and they do not care if you have a blog.

  • Adelaide's schooling.  My friends and family must be sick to death of hearing about it.  Without going into too much detail, we've had trouble finding the right... fit for her this school year.  It's been stressful.  Maybe once I'm confident we've found some kind of resolution I'll write about it here, but for now, let's just say I've gotten great practice at restraining myself so as not to become that demanding,  condescending mom nobody likes.  Instead I send emails on an almost daily basis to a teacher who is a wonderful advocate for our daughter.  I'm guessing she just loves that about me.

  • Our fridge is dying.  I'm not sure what that has to do with my lack of blogging, but there's a distant possibility it's related.  This may not sound like much of a crisis, but going from buying 4-5 gallons of milk a week to just two because you know any more than that will spoil is cause for mutiny in this family.  The plus side?  Our new fridge will be delivered in a couple weeks!  The downside?  We had to pay for said refrigerator.  

  • Adelaide has lost her two upper front teeth.  This belongs on this list because I say it does.  She lost the first one a couple weeks ago, and in that time the second got so loose she could purse her lips with just that one snaggle tooth poking out.  It drove me crazy.  Because it drove me crazy, she did it all the time.  Honestly, she looked like something we picked up in the Ozarks.  Now that both are gone, she's more gap-toothed cute and less I-help-brew-moonshine-'afore-I-make-squirrel-stew.  I would post a photo, but I don't know how to do that on this thing.






The End.

3 comments:

  1. I think all of these are valid reasons. When Emma was missing her two front teeth, Rob had her hold up two square-cut pieces of cantaloupe in their place and took a picture. Very Appalachian.

    Just yesterday, as I was filling out 3 field trip forms for my daughter, each one requiring that I either talk to Emma or talk to her teachers, I said to Rob "This is like a second job." And so it is, even when we aren't encountering "fit" problems. Or bully problems as we did one year. You have how many kids? Yeah. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should get your priorities straight. We miss your blogging. ;) ha!

    Seriously, I'm sorry about the computer issues--nothing makes me crabbier faster! I'm interested to hear about Adelaide's schooling, and can't wait for the toothless pictures--both the Ozark version and the gap-toothed cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely sympathize about the computer issues. I can't function on those keyboards that are on the screen itself. And to be down one fridge on top of it? That's awful.

    What you've got to do is get the babies to read your blog. They would be fans!

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.