Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Things Friday


  • Caedmon is turning four on Sunday.  I'm sure I'll be doing a squishy post all about him next week, but until then, I'll just share this:  His superhero obsession continues unabated, but he has decided that he is not, in fact, Batman.  He is now a superhero of his own design who operates under the alias "The Helper."  According to Caedmon, "The Helper" helps people who are in trouble by fighting bad guys and eating any food they can't finish by themselves.  

  • This book:

Oy.  It was fantastic.  More than fantastic; it was magical and clever and endearing and the ending made me gasp.  I mean that quite literally, my jaw dropped open and I took a swift and deep involuntary breath.  I loved it.  Reading about September in September was exactly what this September needed.  


  • Truth:



  • Running has been going suspiciously well this week.  My long run tomorrow is ten miles, and I've made a little deal with myself:  If I can get through that run without my ankle turning into a moody teenage girl on me, I'll sign up for the race.  The humidity is supposed to be right around 95% tomorrow morning.  Double-oy.

  • Mr. Bean and I both heartily wish you a Happy Weekend.
This is what I look like when I wave.  Waving is hard.





3 comments:

  1. Every family needs a superhero like "The Helper"!

    I hope your ankle does not turn into a moody teenage girl, but I just have to say that is an excellent metaphor.

    I think I would like to read that book. Because it has the word "circumnavigated" in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like next on my reading list will be the Circumnavigating book :-) I wish Emma still had time for me to read to her. She's so darn busy these days. I just know I'm going to want to share it with her.

    I think my husband is The Helper too. He's REALLY helpful when it comes to left over food --we often call him the family dog :-)

    Have you ever seen the movie Keeping Mum, with Rowan Atkinson and Maggie Smith? One of the best movies ever. If you haven't seen it, make time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another book on my "want to read" list.

    I do. not. get. the running obsession. I rather wish I did, but I simply don't.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.