Friday, September 5, 2014

Things I Don't Understand


  • Why Litographs doesn't have a poster for To Kill a Mockingbird.  I know exactly where I'd put it:  right *there,* on the blank stretch of wall I'm looking at.  You're just going to have to trust me on this one, that non-existent poster would look perfect on this wall you can't see.  I keep trying to talk myself out of buying the prints for Leaves of Grass or Walden or Wuthering Heights, because I want to hold out for my very, very favorite.  How am I supposed to resist having the entire text of a book printed on a beautiful graphic that could hang on our wall, though?  How?

  • The incredible, inspiring, humbling attitude of the woman writing this post on cancer and bravery and Jesus.  I have an injured ankle that may or may not take me out of a race, not my life, and I'm not so much, "I'm praying I would meet bald again and forever with joy.  I'm praying I would not stop looking for grace.  I'm praying I live well and with kindness when it's painful," as "WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?"  Honestly, you're all lucky I've more or less shackled myself to this house.  My head is currently an insufferable place to reside, and it's starting to leak into my voice and even this post.  Looks like I need to read that post again and quit feeling sorry for myself, for the love.

  • The Krebs Cycle.  I missed it when it was introduced in high school science, somehow didn't study for it for the test, and therefore got all its related questions wrong, which still rankles.  When they brought it up in whatever college course that was, some horrible and particularly pigheaded part of my brain decided that we just weren't ever going to learn this.  Even now, I could google it, but the Krebs Cycle has become this ridiculous thing that I'm aware I should know about but have actively decided to eschew.  Please don't ask me to make any sense of this, because there is none to be made.  

  • Why this face has to live so far from mine:





Not to mention this one:
Vada the Boss




And this one:
Happy Elliot





And that one on the left.
Charlotte and Adelaide

On the other hand, the one on the right is mine, all mine.  I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sundays.


2 comments:

  1. Your family does have quite a collection of very cute kids :-)

    I just googled the Krebs Cycle. My eyes glazed over after the first sentence. This is why I am not a biologist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Litographs products are amAAAAAzing. Thank you for that link.

    That woman is indeed very brave. Thank you for that link also.

    I had never heard of the Krebs cycle until somehow one of my kids introduced me to it. I think it was a youtube video of a marching band portraying the Krebs cycle. I still don't understand the Krebs cycle but don't feel that I need to in order to have a fulfilling life.

    The kids are adorable, just adorable. That one of Vada is priceless (be sure to have her parents save that one for graduation time).

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.