Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Big Fat Race Recap Tomorrow

I survived the race.  It was fun. It was challenging.  I don't know if I'll ever do another half-marathon, but I'm happy to have completed one at least once.

The end.


Oh.  Oh, ho ho.  You didn't think I was going to leave it at that, did you?  I am physically and mentally incapable (read:  just don't want to) of writing ten words when I could write a thousand.  The other day part of my Bible study homework read, "Read Whatever 7:77.  Write one word to describe this verse," and I was like, "I had no idea you hated me, Beth Moore.  GOOD TO KNOW."

I do have a long, overly wordy and detailed recap swirling around my brain, but I also have two sick kids in my house, one of whom has been sick for nigh on three weeks now, so my time for things like blogging has been more limited than usual. (My mental mantra for the past few sickly weeks during naptime, when I usually get me-stuff done but now have a high-maintenance sick daughter constantly at my side:  "I GUESS I JUST DON'T GET TO DO ANYTHING I LIKE ANYMORE.")  I'm going to try, try, and try some more to brain-vomit it all out onto the laptop tonight and tomorrow, hoping it just, I don't know, organizes itself into sentences with real live punctuation, preferably in English.

See you tomorrow.  Good luck making sense of whatever makes its way on here.

2 comments:

  1. Weeks is a long time to measure a cold in. I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very, very glad to hear that you finished the race. I will be very glad to hear your account of it.

    No gladness about people being sick. That is a much harder marathon to survive. There were times when our sicknesses went on long enough that I wondered how the human race ever managed to live on. I hope you are all better soon, cuz mothers need their Me-time.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.