Monday, March 16, 2015

Behold, The Atticus

Yesterday after church, Atticus and I ventured out on a Mommy-Son date.  This had been much anticipated by our middle child all last week, partly because "I'll get to talk to you all the time without anyone interrupting me all the time," and partly because our planned activity was going out to eat ice cream, because we have our priorities straight.


I guess it was technically frozen yogurt, not ice cream.  I'm pretty sure this earns us the self-righteous label of "health nuts," especially if you ignore the gummy worms, gummy bears, and Reese's Pieces on Atticus's raspberry, salted caramel, and cinnamon roll flavors of frozen yogurt.  (RELAX, actual health nuts:  I only let him get a small amount of each, because I had to take this kid home.)  I got cheesecake flavored frozen yogurt with crushed Heath bar on top.  It was delicious.  


In addition to health food consumption, there was plenty of silliness, because Atticus was there.  I don't remember what he was saying here; I just recall laughing a lot and making a bit of a spectacle of ourselves at Orange Leaf.  I regret nothing.  

And yes, those are my feet kicked up on a chair.  If purple patent leather loafers are wrong, I don't want to be right.  Also, Atticus's hair is styled that way somewhat on purpose- he asked for a fauxhawk for church, and by 1 pm, this was the state to which it had deteriorated.  I still think he's cute as a button.

Click to embiggen, because it's Monday and you're worth it.









2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! He looks just like your mother! And I mean that in the best way possible. Was he talking about vectors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A parent-child date is one of the best things to do. I did not do them enough.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.