Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Nieces From Kansas, Kansas Nieces

This summer both of my sisters made visits to Iowa with their families.  I don't want to brag, or anything, but the only thing that could possibly make a looong car drive with little kids worth it is a certain spectacular big sister.

This shirt was not made for the likes of me.  Or my sisters, for that matter.

Naturally, we showed our visitors a raucous good time whilst they were here.

In June we introduced Charlotte to the wonder that is Legos:





We made them take us back to their hotel so we could swim and I could take adorable pictures of Norah:



Then last weekend we showed Steph and Clinton just what kind of noise they were missing out on by not having a piano in their house for tiny hands to mash themselves against.





Vada jumped on our increasingly decrepit trampoline.  Iowa winters + our children = outdoor items probably quiver in terror as we walk past them in stores, afraid we'll be the ones to buy them and bring them home.

Both Vada and Elliot allowed me to hold them while I stared in rapture at their squishy faces.  I told them their high tolerance for creepers is only okay when the creeper is an aunt.  Best part about three- and one-year-olds?  They'll never remember the things you tell them, so you can say all kinds of wackadoodle crap.  (Who wants to let me hold their children?)


We played hide and seek.  The preschool set and I play this game perfectly together, because like them, I have a childlike belief that if I just look away, no one will find me:  If I can't see you, you can't see me.  You'd be surprised how often this works.

I'm like a chameleon, right?

Our kids waste no time in loving on littler people, either.  I have no idea who they get this from.





Even Derek is unable to resist reaching out a tickling hand with sweet nieces.



Now I need someone to tell me that they'll all look exactly the same in 3-6 months when we see them again.  No growing allowed, you hear?

3 comments:

  1. Well, they all look adorable! I love the photo of piano for eight hands. And the furrowed brow peeking over the table at the Lego thing.

    Am I wrong, or are there about 16 different children in this post? How do you keep track of them all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are seven, Kristy has the older 3, Kelli has Charlotte ans Norah, and my girls are Vada and Elliot. And to answer your other question when we're all together, it's crazy and about every 5 minute someone asks, "Where's so and so?"

      Delete
  2. I want to come play and squish cheeks next time! (pseudo aunt, not creeper). Also, Charlotte playing with A's legos side view....could be Adelaide!

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.