Friday, August 7, 2015

This Week: A List

This week we


  • Went to the local public garden, where the kids ran around,




and I took pictures of plants I've decided I can no longer live without,

Ornamental millet, you complete me.


and the kids ran around,




and I took more pictures of plants I can't live without.


They had all kinds of water plants in containers throughout the garden.  Why has this never occurred to me?  Fill something with water, then grow water lilies on top!  Brilliant!

And a direct result of all that running, not to mention half the reason we go:




  • Won a golf tournament.  Well, Derek won a golf tournament, but I'm counting it as a family victory.  I don't have a picture of that, but I do have a picture of him winning at Chinese checkers.

Derek is one of those people who somehow wins all manner of things.  This is infuriating to Adelaide.  If an impassioned rant is what your life is missing right now, you should ask her about it.



  • Played with legos.

Okay, so the boys played with legos, Derek won a golf tournament, and I'm reading this book right now:


It's, like, mondo good.

Adelaide is reading this:


She claims that hers, too, is mondo good.





Seriously, though, those are all container water gardens!









1 comment:

  1. Water lilies are pretty cool plants. And gardens that get kids to run around until they get completely tired out are even more cool.

    Now I am going to look up those books.

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.