Thursday, September 24, 2015

List


  • I have done the impossible:
That, my friends, is a dahlia, whose tuber I buried months ago with little hope, because although I can grow all manner of things, dahlias (and crocus and carrots) have never been one of them.  Is this bloom small and runty and more chewed up than I'd like?  Yes.  But it's alive- IT'S ALIVE!  (Say the previous statement with less Easter morning and more mad scientist tone of voice, just so we're all on the same page.)


  • It would seem that fourth grade is when they really start piling on the homework.  One month in and Adelaide spends at least an hour after school every day plowing through math and social studies and recorder practice *shudder*.
When sharing with the family her Best Thing/ Worst Thing last night at supper, however, her Best was homework.  In reply to the expected incredulous stares and sounds from the rest of us, she merely shrugged her shoulders and said, "What?  I like homework."  I'll take it while the takin's good.



  • Blondies are one of the best desserts ever when done right, and I found a recipe that does them way, way right:  Glazed Apple Maple Blondies.  They're easy and come together quickly, not to mention the fact that they're delicious.  These things are super rich, so a small portion goes a long way, unless of course you've had a long day, in which case I will not judge you.

2 comments:

  1. She likes homework.
    Definitely a unique perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say about the homework thing . . . gorgeous dahlia though!

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.