Friday, March 17, 2017

Damages Incurred

If you don't count the weekend, today is the final day of spring break!  Adelaide has been singing something called "The Shark Song" on repeat for the past 35 consecutive minutes, Atticus keeps bringing Caedmon to the brink of violence by pausing outside open doorways, gesturing for his younger brother to precede him and then smirking before smarmily saying, "Ladies first!" and I am wondering what it feels like to be alone.  I can't really remember.  How did I keep my sanity for a solid decade while I was staying at home with these heathens full-time?  OH, RIGHT.  I didn't.


Other spring break casualties, other than my patience:  Atticus's noggin, which is currently sporting a nasty, bruised lump behind his left ear where he attempted to vault a bench but miscalculated and instead of smoothly landing beneath the dining table instead bounced his head off the edge; Caedmon's knee, which got caught on a nail, leaving a mighty impressive wound; Caedmon's nose, which was somehow the only casualty when he fell down several stairs, bouncing his head off each step,
and I don't even know what else.  Thankfully, as the above photo shows, our children have Wolverine-like healing powers, and usually 24 hours or so are enough to take the edge off of whatever damage they've currently done to their bodies.  Also seen above is five or so months worth of sunlight withdrawal, aka we are all pale, pasty creatures right about now.  Send help.  Send spring.  Send something.


2 comments:

  1. Baby shark, doot do doot do ... mommy shark, doot do door do--that shark song? It is a very sticky one!

    Also that last picture is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! My kiddos are just starting their spring break. The three youngest have friends over, the husband is at a physical therapy fellowship course, and I'm hanging out in front of my computer today . . . so I cringed when i entered the kitchen. I'm making them clean up the mess they made. Mac and cheese made by Mini and friend, cupcakes made by these same 7th grade girls, and lots of remnants of food eaten by the rest. Check out my blog for my family's adventures: www.nosmallfeetblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.