- Caedmon has discovered the fun to be had in a word search. He is very intense about them, as evidenced by The Dimple.
- Unfortunately for Target, I don't actually buy anything from their book section, but I do take pictures of newer titles to request from the library, because I love the way Target merchandises their books. Don't take it personally, Target; I don't buy new books from anyone, really. I'm more of a used books kind of girl.
| Anyone read this one? Is it good? I hear Target has it for 20% off. |
- Caedmon pulled a book off one of our shelves yesterday, opened it up, and asked me what it was. "Oh- that's your baby book," I told him. "What's a baby book?" "It's a book you fill out about your baby: Stories about them, pictures of them, how much they've grown, things like that." "When are you supposed to fill it out?" "Well... I guess when you have a baby." *momentary silence* "Then why is mine blank?"
I'm a sucker for angry baby photos. I feel like I need to print this and put it in a locket, just to watch people flinch when I snap it open after asking, "Do you want to see a picture of my beautiful baby boy?" That sounds like a better idea than hiding it away in a baby book, anyway. I'm just sure he would agree, especially now that he's reached the age where he knows enough to be embarrassed by me. I have the best ideas sometimes.
I have no idea about the book. I am finally reading "All the Light We Cannot See."
ReplyDeleteThat is quite a face in that last photo! And a real keeper of a photo - you need to haul it out at all of his milestone markers - birthday parties, graduations, wedding.
Now I am going to read about his happiness and crankiness.
I love how well he dressed for his grumpy look! Just to try and throw everyone off! I too line up books at target and take pictures! Then find someone who has them...or has read them.....or the library
ReplyDeleteThat picture cracks me up! Definitely a keeper.
ReplyDeleteBlogging is an excellent keeper of records, but you should probably go ahead and fill out that baby book. My 4th child was 3 years old before he realized his brothers all had a photo book of their first year or two (or three) and he had nothing. I spent weeks pulling one together for his Christmas gift that year, which he's hardly looked at (he's now 16) but at least it is there! I didn't have the blog but I did have his brothers' information, so there may have been some averaging of when certain teeth came into view. ;)
I'll have to look on Goodreads and my public library website to find out more about that book.
--I literally laughed out loud at your imagined flipping open a locket to show the grumpy picture of your beautiful baby! (still makes me giggle)
ReplyDelete--I am SO surprised Shayla didn't blast you for not having his baby book filled out. She has been on me constantly over the years, so out of fear of her middle-child angst, I have kept baby books religiously. . .for the first five children. (Why has she not harped on me about Aryana's book? I will blame it on her when Aryana asks. . ."Aunt Shayla didn't tell me to keep up with it, so you'll need to talk to her about that." Phew, good excuse!)