Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Have You Ever Played This Game?

You know, the one where you see a super-close-up shot of an object, and you have to guess what it is?

Yes?  No?  Well, either way, that's what we're going to be playing today.  Get your game faces on!


Last week, I entered a little online contest.  I'm one of those people who never wins anything, unless it's one of those contests where everybody wins.  Because I've never really won anything, I keep entering, thinking that statistically speaking, it's going to happen one of these days:  I'm going to win.

Well, last week, I finally won something.

So yesterday morning, the boys and I came home from a friend's house, and this was waiting on our front porch.  My prize!  I squealed in delight, then heaved it inside.





Go ahead and make an early-stage guess.


How about now?





Any guesses?





I'll give you a hint:  It's red, and it's shiny, and it's beautiful.




I'm sure by now you've guessed what it is...





That's right:  A Kitchenaid Mixer!


One of the blogs I read on a regular basis is Confections of a Foodie Bride.  It's a blog that features delicious recipes and lovely food photography, and they also have giveaways every so often.  I entered the most recent one.  There were nearly 1300 entries.

And we WON!  


Thank you, thank you, thank you to Shawnda, the Foodie Bride!

Oh, and by the way, you should check out her...

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread

Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cupcakes

...just to name a few of the delicious creations that have come of her kitchen.

You can also always find her link down on the bottom left of this page under Blogs We Read.


Yay!

2 comments:

  1. IT is beautiful and I am completely jealous!

    I am now enetering every contest that I come across..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations. I've always wanted one of those. I've won some prizes on blogs, I enter them all the time. nothing that good though, just some fabric :), scissors, and a few crafty, sewing, quilting books. Just enough to make me keep trying. enjoy your new toy!

    ReplyDelete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.