Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm Here to Tell You

Have you ever wondered what the bridal party does right before the wedding starts, while everyone is finding their seats?


Well, I'll tell you.


The bridesmaids take pictures of themselves.






The bride updates her Facebook status.





Someone says something about singing a song.  I don't remember exactly who it was, but my money's on Kelli.  She can usually be counted on to instigate that sort of thing. 

The first thing that pops into my head is that song All American from the movie A League of Their Own. So I start singing it.  Everyone quickly joins in. You know the one:

Oh, we're the members of the All-American League
We come from cities near and far
We've got Canadians, Irish Ones, and Swedes
We're all for one, we're one for all
We're All-American 

Totally appropriate for a pre-wedding song, right?

The flower girl stares at her singing mother. 





"What are you doing?"

Or maybe just "Lame, Mom.  Lame."




And now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.