Saturday, November 10, 2012

Time Is Not On My Side

Someone seems to have sped up time; it has been positively racing by.  It's just not normal.



Take today.  We had an absolutely beautiful day: highs in the 70's and very windy, which means we were able to open all the windows and get some crosswinds gusting through the house.

We all spent most of our day outside.  That's when this whole time-thing began.


How could this be what Caedmon looks like with Derek in the hammock today...

(with Adelaide wedged in there)








... When this is what Derek and Caedmon looked like while napping in the hammock just yesterday?






Ignore the dates on the photos.  It was yesterday.










And how is it possible that Atticus now looks like this...









... When I just snapped this photo last week?





Seriously.  Last week.






I don't understand what's happening.

7 comments:

  1. Sigh
    Don't even get me started.
    sniffle, sniff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to range from ecstatic happiness that they're growing up and becoming more independent to abject depression. Motherhood at its finest.

      Delete
  2. I swear, you and the carters commercial have compared notes on how to make me cry. It seems just like yesterday that mom picked me up at Hannah's and told me that Adelaide was born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I haven't ever seen a Carters commercial. I'm guessing babies are involved. You know, because I'm so smart.

      Delete
    2. Steph is right - the Carters commercial does make you tear up... On days where Aria and I have had battles all day, the Carter's commercial helps put things back into perspective...

      Delete
  3. Yes. Sometimes they grow up shockingly fast. Other times the child needs to be more mature NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Are you having a 'more mature NOW' kind of day?

      I have those a lot.

      Delete

Studies show that that people who leave comments are kind, intelligent, generous, creative, and have really nice hair.