Monday, November 26, 2012

You Should See The Other Guy- Er, Chicken

This morning, Atticus came down the stairs, crept around the corner trying to sneak up on me (like he does just about every morning), then jumped out, yelling, "BOO!"

I pretended to be startled (like I do just about every morning).

Then he said, "Hey, mom, I had bad dreams last night."

"Oh, yeah?  What happened in your bad dreams?"

"There was this chicken and it just kept pecking at my eye."

At that point I noticed that there was a little scratch near his eye, so I moved him into the light, got a good look, then grabbed my camera to take some pictures.  Because I'm a good parent.




That must have been one mean chicken.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know. He hasn't really complained about it, though, except when I go to hug him and accidentally bump it. Apparently it's pretty tender.

      Delete
  2. That looks kind of like the hives Emma would get every once in a while when she was younger. What the heck is in that kid's bed? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a standard black eye. We think it may have actually happened while the kids were rough-housing before bedtime. It's fairly swollen, and has somehow worsened throughout the day. Boys. Or rather, kids.

      Delete
    2. Wow! I'm surprised he didn't complain at the time it happened!

      Delete
  3. :) Yes, a good parent for sure! (If you didn't take a picture, how would you ever remember in order to tell him about it some day when he's older?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a sound rationalization to me. I'll take it!

      Delete
  4. That looks pretty bad. They must have been doing some serious rough-housing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be at an age where they get hurt just walking down the sidewalk, up the stairs, etc. If there is a sharp edge, corner, whatever, they will find it and hurt themselves on it.

      Delete

Did you think you could cheat and just read the comments without writing one yourself? Cheater.